Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day One

This post is a little late tonight because I went to karaoke and I just got home. No, I didn't drink, I'm not a moron =)

This morning was my first weigh-in. Here are the details.
Weight: 169.8
Muscle: 98.8 lbs
Chest: 40
Waist: 32
Hips: 43
Thighs: 25

My scale also says I burn 2400 calories a day. Of course, this is just based on my age, weight, height, etc. It doesn't account for genetics (slow/fast metabolism) which I have no clue what I am compared to other people. I eat pretty bad for not being obese... haha so maybe a little fast.

I woke up and had a glass of water and one of the bars after weighing myself. The bar was delicious. Small, yes. And I wasn't full after. But I just kept drinking water until the next meal. Brian annoyed me and I said "Hey! Don't mess with me, I'm hungry!" He said "Hungry, you just ate." Hahahaha. That should be my motto for the next week. Two hours later, I had the macaroni and cheese. Um... disgusting. It smelled like dog throw up. Brian actually smelled it and thought one of the dogs had pooed in the house. I could handle eating it, but it was definitely not what I expected. Too bad I bought 21 packets of it! Down the hatch, I suppose. This is one of the first times I have eaten strictly for nourishment. I'm eating for energy and that's new for me. I did catch myself getting up after watching a show and wanting to search for food for no reason except that it's a habit to do so. So two hours later, I had some of the parmesan cheese puffs. These were tolerable, especially after the macaroni and cheese. They did take vitamin-y and there was so many that it took a while to eat (which is good, but not great when I have to take stuff to school). After this meal, I took a nap. I woke up and had another bar right away since it was pushing three hours from my last meal. After this bar, I waited two hours and then started making my lean & green meal. But wait, what happened to the 5th Medifast meal? It was 7:30 by this time and I didn't want to eat too late so I mixed one of the Tropical Punch drinks which counts as a meal and drank it while I cooked the chicken. This probably isn't technically how you should do the program, and I wouldn't make a habit of it, but I thought it was better to have the protein and calories shortly before my lean and green meal than to not have them at all. The tropical punch was interesting, good, but kind of thick for what I consider a "punch." The lean & green meal ended up being my favorite meal of the day, obviously. I cooked cut up chicken breast in canola oil (two servings of fat allowed per day) and garlic powder. Then I added 3 servings of green pepper as required for the "green" part of the meal. It was sooo good, I ate it slowly because I knew it was my last meal of the night. This was around 8:30 pm.

I got a call from a friend to go to karaoke and I was thinking, ugh, should I go out? I can't drink because alcohol really messes with the entire program. Plus, shouldn't I be tired? But I wasn't. So I decided to go. I guzzled Diet Coke the entire time, which yes, is allowed. I'm trying to replace it with water for a lot of the day because it'll make me hungrier and the sodium in it, but I also don't want to stop drinking it and have caffeine withdrawals while I'm hungry. Plus, it's so tasty when all you're eating is bland food all day. I wasn't any more tired than usual, but I did get winded quite easily when I attempted to dance. It could've been in my head that I didn't have the energy to be dancing, but either way, I stopped after one song. I'd like to avoid burning extra calories this week.

I honestly feel great. I thought I would feel sluggish and crappy, and I'm sure I will tomorrow and the next day. But I'm doing great today. I have thought about pasta and cheese a few times today, but I haven't had a strong urge to actually get any. My head is in the game and with how much I paid for this food, I'm going to lose weight eating the foods I bought. But I'm not going to fall off the wagon on the first day. How sad would that be... I hope every day is as easy as today. My tummy is grumbling, I should've gone to bed a looong time ago given that I ate at 8:30. Hopefully I can wake up at a decent hour so I'm not sleeping through meals tomorrow and doubling up like that. I'll just have to eat later if that's the case. Cause I need to sleep. It's going to take all my self control not to weigh in the morning. But I'd rather see a big number in a week than a tiny one (or zero) tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! Even with the dog vomit mac'n'cheese. Reminds me of the cashew nut milk or the swamp water I began drinking while juicing. OH the things we do for our health!

    Glad you're going to continue with this - it is SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete