There was another big achievement this week too. Last night Brian and I went out to eat at our favorite restaurant. We had meant to do it tonight AFTER weigh-in but I ended up having to work so it just worked out better to do it last night. And I thought I'd be more accountable for what I ate if I did it right before my Week 1 Weigh-In. We headed to the restaurant when I was due for my next meal and it was pushing 4.5 hours by the time we got seated. I was seriously freaking out I was so hungry. I'm basically a newborn now and if I hit 3 hours and haven't eaten, it's bad. When we normally go here, I probably can eat 4-6 rolls, at that level of hungry. I actually didn't have a lot of problems wanting the rolls. I ate one and a half to keep myself from freaking out. But once my stomach felt better I stopped. They weren't filling, they didn't taste nearly as good as I remembered, and I knew there was no nutritional value to them. We ordered immediately since we knew what we wanted. I got the chicken caesar salad (ah yes, the worst salad of them all). I get it every time. Only this time, I ate all of the chicken and half of the salad part because of the dressing. Since I'm supposed to have two servings of fat a day as it is, I would say the only real off-plan food was the 1.5 rolls. But given I ate... 1/4 of what I normally would, I feel zero guilt. I probably kicked myself out of ketosis for a couple days, but we'll see. That's the main reason I avoided the rolls, carbs are the worst for fat burning on this program. I woke up today full, didn't feel like eating but I had to. Today I'm gonna have to force myself to eat before my stomach gurgles, which is what I'm used to now. After dinner last night I don't have that gurgling feeling (oh wait, you mean, starving? lol). And I didn't even eat as much as I usually do there. I feel bloated just from that small amount of bread though.
I'm coming down with a cold, which is super annoying. I popped a bunch of supplements so hopefully that helps. My body is so weak on this program. Walking up stairs practically cramps my legs. I keep wanting to make an excuse to people and be like "oh, I'm eating 900 calories a day" so they don't think I'm totally out of shape. Because I swear, I might be overweight (am I anymore? Oh okay, I am, just checked my BMI. .4 BMI points away from NORMAL), but I can walk up stairs without getting winded normally HAHA In a week I will be starting to work out. I wanted to start with toning exercises, but I *might* try jogging. My body is restless for activity with all this protein and no activity besides carrying the baby or walking in between classes. My goal weight is right smack dab in the middle of normal weight for my height. I calculate my height to the exact measure. I am 5 feet and 7.75 inches lol I feel like stretching to 5'8 is cheating. But 5'7 is just ripping me off of a decent BMI. Truth be told, I don't care for the BMI all that much. It doesn't account for body types (large framed here) or muscles (yeah, I don't have any of those yet). But it's still a goal on the big list of goals.
I'm thinking about buying ketone strips that tell me when I'm in ketosis, or the fat burning stage. Thoughts?
I would like to say that I have the most supportive boyfriend on the planet. We don't eat any of the same foods as it is, he hates my trigger foods (pasta and pizza) and would rather survive on meat than anything else. But he's been making an effort to buy healthier foods for himself as well, so I don't feel like I'm completely alone in this and I don't have to watch him eat chips or smell anything too delicious. Although, even the meat he cooks smells good at this stage in the game. I can now probably guarantee that if I was on Survivor and won a challenge where they gave us meat of some sort, I'd probably eat it without hesitation. I've done the "I want pasta, screw this diet, I'd rather eat what I want and be fat" speech several times just to blow off steam and he pulls my rational side out with his "well you have to do this because you already paid for another 4 weeks." Touche. Nothing feels better than stepping on the scale and seeing numbers that are foreign to me. Or trying on jeans from 2009 that I haven't worn because they were so tight and uncomfortable and now they are just fine. Or throwing my old jeans on the floor because they won't stop falling down. OR fitting into the Big Bang Theory shirt I bought that was out of stock in my size so I bought a size or two smaller and figured I'd fit into it at the end of this journey (or the first week). Oh and lastly, my bras are fitting more comfortably. I can't wait to go shopping once I've lost more. I'm having a dilemma though because I really need a suit for school (business school) and interviews (graduating in May). Heck if I'm paying 300 dollars for something that won't fit in 2 months. Maybe I'll wait a month and then buy one that is snug.
I would like to say that I have the most supportive boyfriend on the planet. We don't eat any of the same foods as it is, he hates my trigger foods (pasta and pizza) and would rather survive on meat than anything else. But he's been making an effort to buy healthier foods for himself as well, so I don't feel like I'm completely alone in this and I don't have to watch him eat chips or smell anything too delicious. Although, even the meat he cooks smells good at this stage in the game. I can now probably guarantee that if I was on Survivor and won a challenge where they gave us meat of some sort, I'd probably eat it without hesitation. I've done the "I want pasta, screw this diet, I'd rather eat what I want and be fat" speech several times just to blow off steam and he pulls my rational side out with his "well you have to do this because you already paid for another 4 weeks." Touche. Nothing feels better than stepping on the scale and seeing numbers that are foreign to me. Or trying on jeans from 2009 that I haven't worn because they were so tight and uncomfortable and now they are just fine. Or throwing my old jeans on the floor because they won't stop falling down. OR fitting into the Big Bang Theory shirt I bought that was out of stock in my size so I bought a size or two smaller and figured I'd fit into it at the end of this journey (or the first week). Oh and lastly, my bras are fitting more comfortably. I can't wait to go shopping once I've lost more. I'm having a dilemma though because I really need a suit for school (business school) and interviews (graduating in May). Heck if I'm paying 300 dollars for something that won't fit in 2 months. Maybe I'll wait a month and then buy one that is snug.
No comments:
Post a Comment